The ethos of An Cosán is at the heart of all we do. We commit ourselves to principles of equality, empowerment and capacity-building in our work for a more just society. We believe, particularly, in the power of education to transform lives.
An Cosán holds as its utmost the value that access to education is a human right. Education is central to the provision of and advocacy for human rights, dignity and equality for all. Education facilitates access to, and maintenance of sustainable employment is benefitting the individual, their families and the community as a whole. Education is a lifelong pursuit and can be accessed at any stage in life.
An Cosán promotes a positive attitude toward education through the provision of high quality, customised and affordable education programmes, providing learners with accredited qualifications which are relevant to and recognised in the workplace.
An Cosán promotes a positive attitude to learning through the provision of supports which
- Promote the learner to access education
- Supports and maintains the learner through their learning experience through practical support regarding facilities and personnel
- Supports the learner to utilise their newly learned skills through access to the workplace training, job seeking skills and the application of and updating of their skills while in the workplace through the provision of on-going contact and updates.
An Cosán provides a learning environment that is relevant, accessible, adaptable and conducive to the facilitation of excellent learning in addition to providing opportunities for growth and personal development, our classes provide a space in the midst of busy lives for stillness, reflection, relaxation and renewal.
An Cosán welcomes learners from all sectors of the community because we value that learning together enriches the learning experience. An Cosán welcomes diversity in life experience, ability, ethnic origin, cultural and family backgrounds, religious belief, gender identity and educational abilities and educational achievements.
An Cosán promotes personal development and progression in the workplace to promote personal development and security of tenure/sustainability in their employment by the provision of
- Relevant education and training workshops which will promote lifelong learning,
- Updating and upskilling programmes customised to the learners working life