An Cosán - Erasmus+ Programme
Invitation to An Cosán – Erasmus+ Fatherhood Project Launch ~ 21st March 2023
An Cosán is inviting community educators, young fathers, community workers and other stakeholders to the Irish launch of a Europe-wide Fatherhood Project that it has developed with organisations in Iceland, Spain and Greece. The launch will take place in its Tallaght community education centre on 21st March 2023.
The Fatherhood Project aims to equip young fathers (18-30 years old) for their parenting role by providing training, support and networking opportunities.
The online training programme that has been developed is open and accessible and available in four languages, including English. It includes six modules with training materials for educators/practitioners (i.e. content slides, best practices, activities) and covers the following subjects:
- Communication and father-child attachment
- Child development
- Positive parenting
- Healthy family habits
- The relationship of the father with their child’s education
- Venue: An Cosán, Kiltalown Village Centre, Jobstown, Tallaght, D24 R3PN
- Date: Tuesday 21st March 2pm
- This event is free to attend and open to anyone interested
You can register to attend the launch and/or your interest in the project by emailing An Cosán’s Community Partner Lead, Maria Flanagan, at email@example.com or call 086 8223808
The outputs of the Fatherhood Project include:
- GAP analysis: Situation and environment analysis on parenting. Parenting, rights and obligation in EU law and current situation on gender participation in the upbringing of their children, desktop research, identification and interviews with stakeholders on existing custody/parenting processes and available support.
- Fatherhood inspiration / empowerment training: Α training programme to inspire and empower young fathers. Using methods of positive psychology and emotional intelligence, working with personal strengths and character-based training.
- Fatherhood peer videos: Fatherhood videos are online peer-to-peer videos with the objective to create training material and stories that will empower young fathers in their parenting role.
- Fatherhood platform: The Fatherhood website will host all the resources relating to the project making it accessible, open and free for any community educator, community practitioner who works with young fathers to access and deliver in a group setting.
To find out more about the Fatherhood Project:
- Visit the website: https://fatherhoodproject.eu/
- Follow the project on social media: LinkedIN and Facebook
About An Cosán:
An Cosán offers a range of courses face-to-face and online from access to degree level. Its holistic approach includes wraparound supports for learners and families, including high quality early years’ education, financial support, IT support, parenting support, and one-to-one mentoring and counselling. Our learners include adults returning to education, people experiencing poverty and social exclusion, migrants and people living in direct provision.
We are an inclusive organisation that holds empowerment and equality at our core. We strongly believe in diversity and respect and caring for the whole person and their families. We constantly strive to find new ways to break down barriers for people to access education and to achieve their full potential.