We are delighted to introduce the following new courses for 2023!
Skills 4 Life – Thursdays 09:30 – 12:00
This course provides a great foundation of vital life skills for all ages and stages of life. The course covers three National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) programmes over the course of a year:
- Well Now – a literacy-friendly health and wellbeing programme
- Facts Matter – a literacy-friendly programme for building critical thinking, media (TV, advertising, news) literacy and digital literacy
- Making Cents – a literacy-friendly programme that aims to empower learners to make informed decisions when it comes to finances.
Digital literacy skills are embedded into the course. Learners are also encouraged and supported to progress into additional Back to Education programmes or Well-being courses in An Cosán and are facilitated to get involved in the organising of community events locally.
Skills 4 Life supports learners to progress onto and achieve accreditation on the QQI framework using NALA’s online learning, which allows learners access to NQF at both
Level 2 and 3.
Discover Your Path – Thursdays 09:30 – 12:00
Discover Your Path is a 12-week Life Skills & Futures Literacy programme aimed at women. Learners will be supported to recognise the skills they have, look at skills they have gained throughout their lives and investigate skills they would like to gain, then plan their path forward.
This course encourages learners to Think BIG.:
- Building: Confidence and making new connections
- Inspiring: Thinking about how you can use the skills you have to do what you want to do
- Growing: Choosing your path and investigating other courses or work experience that will help you on your way
Women’s Tales in the Digital Age – Thursdays 18:30 – 21:00
This 12-week course is designed to empower women to become the creators and narrators of their own stories, while also building digital literacy. It aims to help women uncover their story, make sense of it, and tell it in a creative and empowering way. Learners will learn how to create a short 2-4 minute video to bring their story to life.